Terms and Conditions
Any client using any service from Home Petz agrees to these Terms and Conditions which may be revised periodically.
Home Petz agrees to indemnify the client for liability for damages, losses and expenses, and/or loss or damage to property, to the extent that Home Petz might be held under Australian law to be legally liable in negligence as a result of any negligent act or omission on the part of Home Petz or any employee of Home Petz. The liability of Home Petz to indemnify the client pursuant to this clause is reduced in proportion to the extent that any act or omission by the host client contributes to such liability.
- Pet injured from own environment
- Cats free to roam outside
- Client allows visitors to property during service
- Inadequately secured yard
- Failure to have arrangements with vet(s) for emergency
- Registration/microchip details not up-to-date
- Failure to have food in pet proof containers
- Un-vaccinated pet
- Failure to disclose or update details to Home Petz
- Unlocked gate
- Julz typically responds to email requests and phone messages within 24 hours.
- New clients are required to complete a Service Agreement Form and Pet Information Form.
- All dog clients are to have a Meet and Greet prior to accepting as a client.
- Completed Service Agreement Form and Pet Information Form are to be provided prior to or during Meet and Greet.
- A key (if required) should be provided at the Meet and Greet.
Invoicing and Payment
- Clients will be invoiced (typically via email) and invoices are to be paid by due date which is prior to start of each service block.
- Clients are responsible for checking that all details including dates and visit types on invoice are correct and notify Julz ASAP if amendments are to be made.
- Payment is accepted via bank transfer (bank account details are on invoice) or VISA/Mastercard (can be processed over phone). A receipt will be issued for cash payments.
- Clients that do not pay by due date may lose their booking.
- Invoices are typically due a few days before service start. Invoices for bookings at high peak times (eg Christmas, Easter) will be due earlier.
- Bookings are to be made directly to Julz, owner of Home Petz. Bookings will not be considered received until Julz has confirmed.
- Bookings are on a first booked (and paid), first served basis.
- Bookings should be made in writing (preferably via Contact Form or email). Dates and visit types should be clearly requested.
- Bookings for peak times over Christmas/New Year holidays (from 15 December to 7 January) and Easter long weekend are in high demand and there are limited spaces. Clients are advised to book at least three months in advance of peak times (Christmas and Easter holidays) to avoid disappointment.
- Home Petz appreciates bookings of two or more weeks in advance but can cater for clients with erratic schedules that leave at short notice provided they had completed the required forms.
- Cancellations are to be made directly to Julz, owner of Home Petz.
- Services cancelled less than 48 hours of start of service may not be refunded or transferred.
- Bookings for peak times over Christmas/New Year holidays (from 15 December to 7 January) and Easter long weekend are in high demand and potential clients are turned away.
- Services cancelled less than 2 weeks of first service due may not be refunded or transferred.
- Client and pet details are retained on file for future services. Client and pet details are entered into our secure database.
- Client is responsible for notifying Home Petz of any changes or updates to information held on file.
- Home Petz keeps client records in a secure manner and does not pass on client details to third parties.
- Any refunds are at the discretion of Julz, owner of Home Petz
Meet and Greet
- A free Meet and Greet is provided for new clients.
- The Meet and Greet is an opportunity for you and your pets to meet your pet sitter and discuss caring for your pet.
- Occasionally, but very rare, Home Petz may decline service eg for very territorial dogs.
- A Meet and Greet is typically around 20 minutes in duration.
- Forms (if not already emailed) and keys (if required) should be handed over at the Meet and Greet.
- Keys and/or garage door openers are not to be hidden or left on the property. A garage door opener is not recommended as sole form of entry in case of power outage or malfunction.
- Keys are to be double-checked by client in any locks, including freshly cut keys.
- Access codes including alarm codes and padlock combinations are to be supplied.
- Key(s) to house and/or gate should be supplied at initial Meet and Greet.
- Home Petz can retain a key for future services. Keys are tagged with a Home Petz code and are kept in a locked key security cabinet. Keys are managed responsibly by Home Petz pet sitters and are returned to key cabinet after each period of service. There is no charge for this service.
- Client is responsible for costs associated with malfunctioning locks or alarm systems.
Equipment and Consumables
- Client is to supply food, kitty litter and any leads.
- Utensils should be provided where required for food if no entry to home is able.
- It is recommended that client leaves paper towels and/or faded microfibre cloth and mop/bucket in case of any accidents. Any messes on carpets/rugs will be cleaned with a damp cloth (no cleaners).
- Should insufficient food/litter be provided by client and must be purchased by Home Petz, client is to reimburse Home Petz.
- Most Home Petz clients are happy for photos and videos to be taken for identification, SMS/email updates and marketing purposes.
- GPS location tagging is turned off on any cameras so location of pet is not traceable.
- Photos/videos are copyright to Home Petz.
- Please let Home Petz know if you do not want this to happen.
Pet Sitter & Pet Safety
- Home Petz will not provide service to any animal that poses a significant safety risk to its staff, the public, itself or other animals.
- Client is to notify Home Petz if any animal has shown any signs of aggression whether a new or repeat client.
- 'Visiting' pets, especially dogs that are not part of the normal household can, at times, pose a problem when combined with other pets. Please advise Julz of this at first contact.
- Home Petz only walks up to two dogs at once.
- Home Petz will not tolerate any aggression/abuse from human clients or anyone associated with.
- Home Petz may end a service at any time if there are safety concerns arising from animals or humans associated with the client. Initial meet and greets will eliminate this.
- Home Petz pet sitters conduct pet sits including dog walks only during daylight hours.
- Food should be in secure containers so bored pets can't raid them.
- Home Petz does not offer boarding in their own homes as they have their own pets to consider.
- Home Petz do not take pets off owners property unless for walks or emergency vet treatment.
- Home Petz will not attend a dog park for pets safety.